How to show up for yourself and not live by the timing of others
Summer is officially over, and fall is beckoning with its colours while warm evenings make us riminess. After three weeks of having travelled through Portugal and Spain I’m now in this in between stage of the vacation vibe and having started work again.
As I opened my mail, got back into Social Media and reconnected with my circles a big wave of “oh my god everybody is already back on track” came over me. You see the German province I live in is the last one to return back to work/school and my inner clock – somewhat still on Canadian time – says that Labour Day is the last big hurray before a long winter.
How To Connect The Dots In Your Life’s Labyrinth.
Life constantly amazes me by how beautifully things can connect and fall into place. Often, it’s only in hindsight that we see where it all started and how certain decisions or particular actions have led to a much bigger desired outcome.
Over the last few days, I realized that I have taken decisions as far back as two years that have led me to my exciting next step as a coach today. It’s fun to trace back to the beginnings of how my actions influence my life and how each little decision shapes my reality. So here is what happened …
Learn to Love The Changes In Your Life.
When we have lived in a place for a good amount of time all becomes familiar. We move around with ease, recognize the friendly faces in our neighbourhood, know all the little side streets and special coffee shops. In the best scenario we feel we’re part of something bigger. The neighbourhood and our home become the place we thrive in. Then change comes – welcomed or not.
In my case I knew the change was coming and welcomed it with excitement. We moved into a new family home built to our specifications and the best part – an office to welcome my clients in.
Embrace Your Money Honey And Don't Be Shy!
My love affair with money started with an article I had read in a German newspaper some months ago. The topic – women and old age poverty. It was such an eye opener as it described my situation to a T and it propelled me into action with such strength that I have done a 360 since then.
Until that moment my relationship with money was - what I thought - an easy one. We existed side by side, interacting on a regular basis, yet without much depth or major plan. Knowing what I know now, I realize that this relationship is vital to my wellbeing and that I need to be fully involved and committed.
Reach Your Goals By Setting Yourself Up For Success.
We are just past the middle of February – the point where 80% of people will have abandoned their New Year’s Eve resolutions.
Just 6 weeks prior we were happily creating that long list of resolutions to achieve the “new year, new me”. This approach might be a nice aspiration, but it also sets you up for failure.
So, what happens in that short period of just a few weeks?
Six Weeks Without Social Media And This Is What Happened.
For the holidays I decided to delete FB and IG from my phone and stop posting all together. I went for a total social media detox.
I figured come the new year I would hop back on and continue as usual. 1st week of January came, but I was still happy in my holiday bubble - so I stayed there. 2nd week came and I checked back in with myself if I was ready. But the answer was still a no. The 3rd week came, and you guessed it, still a no.
Here is what you get in this 3 month journey and beyond:
- Tailored coaching to grow and be inspired :
- Weekly 1 hr video group coaching calls
- Your entire growth being captured in a personal document that is yours to keep. The beauty of this “diary” is that you will be able to return to your development whenever you wish to.
- Invitation to my private Facebook group
- Weekly support, progress and accountability:
- No nonsense actions steps to implement in between sessions
- Feedback by me of your documents, online assets, and other homework
- WhatsApp support along the way to answer any questions that might come up to keep you in the flow
- Clarifying & sustainable energy to keep you moving forward:
- A clear foundation of habits, systems and tools with which to move forward with
- Free access to my on- or off line workshops
- Being among the first to learn and access my newest growth experience offers.
- Joining an ever growing community of like minded women.